The 9th International Urban Design Conference will be held at Hyatt Canberra from Monday 7 November to Wednesday 9 November 2016. Wednesday 9 being optional tours.
This years’ theme, “Smart Cities for 21st Century Australia – How urban design innovation can change our cities” will focus on an understanding of what makes a city ‘smart’ from a urban design perspective and how the built environment develops during the city planning process.
Topics will include:
|SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT NOW|
The Conference program will also include presentations on the operation of an urban design practice, industry standards and the Urban Design Profession. The Conference will provide all participants with an opportunity to contribute, learn and network with peers.
Be inspired by innovations and projects that are transforming cities. This conference is an opportunity for design professionals to exchange ideas and experiences, to be creative and visionary, and to contribute to redesigning our urban futures.
- Catherine Caruana-McManus – Director, Giant Ideas
- Professor Paul Burton – Founding Director, Cities Research Centre, Griffith University
- Chris Johnson AM – CEO, Urban Taskforce Australia
- Leanne Hodyl – Director, Hodyl & Co
- Ivan Motley – Founder, Id. the population experts
- Professor Graham Currie – Chair of Public Transport, Director of Research, Monash University
- Dr Tim Williams – CEO, Committee of Sydney
Invited Keynote Speakers
- Susan Harris – CEO, Intelligent Transport Systems Australia
The Conference attracts delegates from a wide range of backgrounds including:
|Policy makers||Social planners||Town Planners|
|Senior public servants||Landscape Architects||Consultants|
|City Governance personnel||Engineers||Demographers|
|Infrastructure Fund Managers||Economic Commentators|