The 8th International Urban Design Conference will be held at the Sofitel Brisbane from Monday 16 November to Wednesday 18 November 2015. Wednesday 18 being optional walking tours.
This years’ theme titled Empowering Change: Transformative Innovations and Projects will focus on inspirational changes in urban environments.
Across the globe cities are forming and re-forming rapidly. Progressive projects in cities around the world are addressing pressing issues of Climate Change, economic stability, social equality and sustainable resource use. This conference will showcase these innovations and projects which embrace and create transformational change in urban environments, ranging from the modest but high impact idea to the new Eco-city, from technological experimentation to multicultural cities, from the use of big data to physical city making.
The Conference program will also include presentations on the operation of an urban design practice, industry standards and the Urban Design Profession.
This years’ Conference streams to include:
- Building inclusive multicultural cities
- Eco cities
- Health & urban design
- Higher density urbanism
- Spatial / temporal changes in Chinese cities
- Rapid urban development in South East Asia, China & India
- Balancing the quick and slow formation of cities
- Using technology to change how cities work
- How will big data change the future of cities?
- Urban Design Practice
- The Hon. Ms Jacklyn (Jackie) Trad MP- Deputy Premier, Minister for Transport, Minister for Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister for Trade
- Adj. Prof Penelope Coombes - The People for Places and Spaces, NSW
- Mr Michael Dixon - General Manager, IBM's Global Smarter Cities Business
- Professor Paul James - Director, Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney
- Mr Gavin Kain – Principal, Woods Bagot
- Professor Peter Newman - Professor of Sustainability, Curtin University
- Professor Edward Ng - Professor of Architecture, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Be inspired by innovations and projects that are transforming cities. This conference is an opportunity for design professionals to exchange ideas and experiences, to be creative and visionary, and to contribute to redesigning our urban futures.
|Geoff Barker, Managing Director, PM+D ARCHITECTS P/L (WA/NT)|
|Beau B. Beza, Course Director, Planning and Landscape Architecture Program, School of Architecture and Built Environment, Deakin University (VIC)|
|Peter Edwards, Director, Archipelago, (QLD)|
|Michael Neustein, Director, Neustein Urban (NSW)|
|Alistair Ray, Associate Principal - Head of Urban Design, Jasmax, New Zealand (NZ)|
|Caroline Stalker, Director, Architectus, Adjunct Professor, School of Design,
Creative Industries, QUT, (QLD)
|Kelvin Walsh, Director City Sustainability, Hume City Council (VIC)|
|Gay Williamson, Consultant, Research and guest lecturer at Canberra University (ACT)|
|Peter Sugg, Urban Design Australia Conference (QLD)|