URBAN DESIGN - 2013
The 6th International Urban Design Conference will be held at the Novotel Sydney Olympic Park from Monday the 9th to Wednesday 11th of September 2013.
The conference "UrbanAgiNation" urbanisation | agitation |
imagination will examine the Liveability,
Productivity, Affordability and Efficiency
of our Cities.
The conference takes it's theme from the
20111/12 Budget Papers where it stated;
"Three-quarters of Australians live in our 18 major cities (that have populations over 100, 000). While Australians are fortunate to enjoy some of the most liveable cities in the world, our cities face a number of long term challenges: the need to improve productivity growth; provide affordable and accessible housing; create safe community spaces; meet the needs of a growing and ageing population; ensure an inclusive and cohesive society; and address the implications of climate change. The way our cities develop to accommodate future growth and change will be critical to maintaining their status as some of the best cities in the world".
The International Urban Design Conference was established in 2007. Since then over 500 presenters have shared their knowledge in developing a range of themes including, Opportunistic Urban Design 2012, Resilience in Urban Design 2011, Designing the Future 2010, Waves of Change - Cities at Crossroads 2009 and Survival: implementing tomorrow's city 2007.
The Conference attracts delegates from a wide range of backgrounds including:
|Policy makers||Social planners||Town Planners|
|Senior public servants||Landscape Architects||Consultants|
|City Governance personnel||Engineers||Demographers|
|Infrastructure Fund Managers||Economic Commentators|
Confirmed Keynote Presenters
- Mrs Lucy Hughes Turnbull AO - Businesswoman and Company Director, Turnbull & Partners Limited, NSW
- Mr Henry Ergas - Senior Economic Adviser, Deloitte Australia & Professor of Infrastructure Economics, SMART Infrastructure Facility, University of Wollongong, NSW
- Professor Peter Newman – Professor of Sustainability at Curtin University and Director of CUSP, WA
- Mr Ben Hewett - South Australian Government Architect and leads the Office for Design and Architecture SA (ODASA)
- Mr Gordon Price – Director of the City Program at Simon Fraser University, CANADA
- Mr Kobus Mentz – Director, Urbanismplus, Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
- Ms Michelle Tabet - Strategic designer leading Arup's Urban Informatics and Strategic Design Team, NSW
- Mr Tim Williams - Tim Williams Architects, NSW
|Kelvin Walsh, Director City Sustainability, Hume City Council (VIC)|
|Gay Williamson, Manager, Design Policy, Planning Services Branch , ACT Government (ACT)|
|Geoff Barker, Managing Dircetor, PM+D ARCHITECTS P/L (WA/NT)|
|Chris Gee Gold Coast City Architect (QLD)|
|Michael Neustein, Director, Neustein Urban (NSW)|
|Alistair Ray, Associate Principal - Head of Urban Design, Jasmax, New Zealand (NZ)|
|Peter Sugg, Urban Design Australia Conference (QLD)|