Brisbane certainly delivered a fabulous location and weather to host the 8th International Urban Design Conference from 16 – 18 November 2015.
We would like to thank our presenters, delegates, session chairs, sponsors and tour guides who participated in making the 8th International Urban Design Conference a great success.
The Conference titled ‘Empowering Change: Transformative Innovations and Projects’ focussed on inspirational changes in urban environments.
This year’s program included 8 keynote presenters, 60 session presenters, forum panellists and 26 poster presentations.
Conference highlights were notably the large number of International presenters and poster presenters who travelled far and wide to join us this year as well as the very popular walking tours held on Wednesday, 18 November, proudly hosted by Brisbane City Council.
The Program Committee would like to thank our 2015 Keynote Speakers:
- The Hon. Ms Jacklyn (Jackie) Trad MP- Deputy Premier, Minister for Transport, Minister for Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister for Trade
- Adj. Prof Penelope Coombes - The People for Places and Spaces, NSW
- Mr Jeffrey Craft - Principal, SWA Group, China
- Dr Simon Eassom - Global Offering Manager, IBM Smarter Cities
- Professor Paul James - Director, Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney
- Mr Gavin Kain – Principal, Woods Bagot
- Professor Ken Maher - President, ASBEC (Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council)
- Professor Peter Newman - Professor of Sustainability, Curtin University
- Professor Edward Ng - Professor of Architecture, Chinese University of Hong Kong
We look forward to your involvement and support of the 2016 Conference. The destination and date will be announced in the coming weeks.
|Geoff Barker, Managing Director, PM+D ARCHITECTS P/L (WA/NT)|
|Beau B. Beza, Course Director, Planning and Landscape Architecture Program, School of Architecture and Built Environment, Deakin University (VIC)|
|Peter Edwards, Director, Archipelago, (QLD)|
|Michael Neustein, Director, Neustein Urban (NSW)|
|Alistair Ray, Associate Principal - Head of Urban Design, Jasmax, New Zealand (NZ)|
|Caroline Stalker, Director, Architectus, Adjunct Professor, School of Design,
Creative Industries, QUT, (QLD)
|Kelvin Walsh, Director City Sustainability, Hume City Council (VIC)|
|Gay Williamson, Consultant, Research and guest lecturer at Canberra University (ACT)|
|Peter Sugg, Urban Design Australia Conference (QLD)|