- Oral presentations are of 20 minutes duration (15-minute presentation time and 5-minute discussion time)
BECOME A PRESENTER
Conference Theme: Future Proofing Our Cities Through Diversity & Resilience
Influence change for better designed urban communities
Identify challenges and opportunities facing urbanisation and facilitate real solutions
Inform, motivate and empower professionals to build better cities through innovative design
Share practical strategies with an international network of colleagues and connections
YOUR PRESENTER PLAN
1. CHOOSE A PRESENTATION STYLE
- Poster presentations are visual displays of material to be presented and constitute an interactive and communicative medium, usually combining text and graphics information.
- Panel presentations bring together the views from a group of presenters into a discussion of innovative ideas, current topics, and relevant issues.
- The panel presentation is to comprise of two components:
- Presentations from the members of the panel. Total of 60 minutes.
- Question and answers between the delegates and panel members. Total of 30 minutes.
- One combined submission with a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 individual presenters must be submitted by one author on behalf of the group.
- Each panel will consist of a chair and panelists. The chair is to be the main organiser of the session and main contact for the session. The chair will coordinate the preparation, theme of presentations, be the timekeeper, and facilitate the Q&A session. Panelists will provide brief presentation on the theme of the panel.
- Each panelist is expected to provide a different perspective on the topic of discussion. The chair will be required to submit a title of the panel, names and affiliations of all participants, including the chair, and an abstract overview of 300 words.
- A Pecha Kucha talk is one in which 20 PowerPoint slides are presented for 20 seconds each for a total presentation length of 6 minutes and 40 seconds. The slides are to contain images only and each slide will advance automatically after 20 seconds.
- 90 Minutes of Active Learning. Workshops are an interactive way to facilitate active learning, such as discussion, activities, small group role plays. The format should focus on offering participants an interactive information session.
2. CHOOSE YOUR TOPICS
- Vision of a city: creating, planning and implementing the vision
- Integrated & Strategic Planning & Development
- Population growth and densification
- Responsive & Inclusive Public Spaces
- Art & Culture (social associations and connections of places)
- Community Health and Mental Health Considerations
- Transport Design and Planning (Traffic Congestion, Active Transport)
- Digitalisation and technology advancements
- Global Energy Efficient and Carbon Neutral Design and Planning
- City Balance: Commercial & Public, Residential & Commercial, Highways & Walkways, Cars & People, Greenery & The Built
- Combatting Urban/Suburban Sprawl
- Mixed use spaces
- Demographic Change & Settlement Patterns
- Urban resilience (Shocks and stresses, natural and human made)
- Impact of climate change on design